Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

PC Police Shame Steve Martin Into Deleting Tweet Tribute To Carrie Fisher

Actor/Comedian Steve Martin wrote a rather innocuous Tweet as a tribute in response to the untimely death of his good friend Carrie Fisher.

"When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well."
 Then the PC patrol came along and lambasted him for his so-called "sexist" remark, so Martin caved to the easily offended and deleted the Tweet.

I'm female, and I find nothing offensive about his comment. It's not like he mentioned her great body parts. There is nothing sexual implied. Someone commented on a FB post that she was surprised that I  did not recognize what's at stake here.  What's at stake here is free speech, I find that far more dangerous than some feminist taking offense to some backhanded compliment.

No comments: