Pages

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Brit Hijabi Suing Kit Kat Makers For Waferless Candy Bar

Some Brit Hijabi is suing the makers of Kit Kat because she bought a package that did not include the wafers. She wants a lifetime supply for her pain and suffering, or as she put it:

"The loss I have suffered is of monetary and emotional significance.."

The Muslim 20-year-old law student, Saima Ahmad, sent a letter to Nestle company demanding the following:

The truth of the matter is; manufacturers owe a duty of care to consumers.
‘The specific duty you owe in consistency in your manufacturing process. The failure to take due care in the manufacturing process resulted in a product being defective.
‘As a result I feel as though I have been misled to part with my money and purchase a product that is clearly different from what has been marketed by Nestle.
‘The loss I have suffered is of monetary and emotional significance.
‘I would like a full refund of the defective pack of KitKat I purchased. I have also lost my faith in Nestle.
‘Clearly, if I wanted to purchase a confectionery item that is purely chocolate, I would have purchased a bar of Galaxy.
‘I would therefore like to request a life-long supply of KitKat so that I can act as a means of quality control – it appears you need me more than I need you
Saima is using an old 1930s law to back up her demands.

More here.

This has got to be a joke, but one never knows. There are a plethora of frivolous law suits that wind up in courts.

No comments: