Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

NFL's Reggie Bush Compares Ferguson To Palestine

Detroit Lions footballer Reggie Bush, who was Kim Kardashian's main squeeze for a while, is one of those fools who has likened Ferguson to the Gaza, Palestine problem.

He posted a photo on Instagram of an Arab-looking man, holding a banner that reads:

"The Palestinian People know what mean [sic] to be shot while unarmed because of your ethnicity. #Ferguson #Justice.” 
As expected he has both supporters and detractors.

He believes the Ferguson "problem" is a global one, and wrote the following to accompany the above mentioned photo:

“No matter who you are, what color skin you have, where you live, we are all in this together! This isn’t a Ferguson problem it’s a Global Problem! We need change NOW! What happened to humanity? #JusticeForMikeBrown”
It has 16.8k likes.

Abraham H. Foxman from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) jumped into the fray in an attempt to educate the idiot:

“The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is not based on race, it is a political dispute based on claims to land.
“By conflating the death of Michael Brown with the conflict in the Middle East, Reggie Bush demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of both issues. He should stick to football."
Addressing those who criticized him, Bush responded with another photo of a girl holding a sign that reads:

"Ferguson with love from Palestine."
And the following explanation.

“This issue is a GLOBAL issue (I believe I said that already in one of my posts as well) as you can see."
“People all over the world have been affected by the unfortunate events that have taken place in Ferguson! I chose to take a stance on this issue because I'd rather have an opinion than to sit back and be quiet and say nothing at all! I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with me and I wasn't expecting everyone to like my posts!”
“…I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with me and I wasn't expecting everyone to like my posts! An [sic] unarmed young man lost his life period! And that's unfortunate! I don't know much about shooting people or getting shot but I do know if you shoot someone once in each leg (not 6-10 times) maybe even 3 times, chances are they will slow down! So my heart goes out to the family members of Mike Brown and anyone else that has gone through similar or worse tragedy!”

Go educate yourself Reggie, before you opine. Or better yet, as Foxman suggests- Stick to football!

Source: Al Arabiya

No comments: